Cob Care is the charitable arm of the Traditional Gypsy Cob Association and has been created to preserve, protect and promote the Traditional Cob Breed.
- To help educate the breeders of traditional gypsy cobs to ensure that the equine has a secure healthy future and is treated with respect and understanding
- To work with the owners and breeders of the gypsy cobs to improve welfare standards and reduce suffering and neglect caused by over breeding
- To work along side welfare agency’s to help with the re-homing programs of this breed
- To assist and educate the owners and breeders of the traditional gypsy cob.
- To represent this beautiful British breed.
- A forward thinking educational approach to encourage responsible ownership and reduce over breeding; quality over quantity.
- To reduce suffering and neglect caused by over breeding within the UK
- To be realistic in our approach, whilst having great understanding of the cob breeders heritage and culture.
- To be mindful that breeders have to take responsibility for their horses welfare
- We understand the importance of working as a partnership with the breeders to create a change in their approach regarding welfare for the improvement of animal husbandry
- To encourage the Neutering of animals in a bid to reduce indiscriminate breeding
- The use of DNA profiling to help control the disposal of gypsy cob carcasses in public areas
- TO CREATE JOBS FOR THE COBS!